Monday, July 12, 2010

Ciara Talks About Basic Instinct, & Songwriting




While some female artists are busy fending off claims of fraudulent songwriting, R&B entertainer Ciaracertainly isn’t one of them. Many people don’t know that Ciara first got her break in the music industry by inking a publishing deal, and now in a new interview with the UK’s Metro, she’s opening up about her time as a writer.
What’s the difference between writing songs for yourself and writing for other people?
“You need to take their personalities into account and use your imagination if you don’t know them. It’s a fun creative challenge. It can be very liberating. I did some things for the Disney Channel. It was younger and cheesier than stuff I’d do for myself but it was for a much younger market.”
She was also asked about the lessons she’s learned from the notoriously harsh music industry — something she should know all too well after the public and media gave her the Christina Aguilera Bionic treatment during herFantasy Ride album era.
You’ve been performing since you were 14. What lessons has the music industry taught you?
“It’s taught me to be quick and tough and has made me strong. It can be an aggressive world and there are some shrewd operators behind the scenes. It’s taught me to be less emotional about making certain decisions. This industry prepares you for anything. If you can do well in this business, you can do anything.”
Yes, there certainly are some very shrewd operators out there. Not naming names.
Oh, and we can’t forget about CiCi’s upcoming fourth studio album Basic Instinct.
“It’s back to basics, I executive produced it. It’s for my fans, giving them what they want. It’s about happiness and fun and energy.
“My last album had an extreme creative presentation. I’ve always had an aggressive undertone but I think they just want to dance and feel some of that energy from when I was doing Goodies.”
With no performances of “Ride” and the premiere of Basic Instinct’s second single “Gimme That”, I’m getting the feeling that “Ride” was like an unofficial warm-up single. Ciara is probably hoping for some big crossover success with “Gimme That”, which is much faster paced and universal sounding, and could work in a similar vein to Usher’s “OMG’.
Who knows, Ciara could surprise us all and actually end up doing quite well from this Basic Instinct project. She’s got the talent, the album leaks so far have all been generally pretty hot and “Ride” has surprisingly done very well all things considered.
Thanks to the prophitblog.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment