Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Interview Teairra Speaks To HipHop Weekly About Now Or Never Mixtape


HHW: How long have you been working on your mixtape?
Teairra: The mixtape is called Now or Never! I worked on it for about a month!
Where is your favorite place to record and why?
Even though I recorded most of the mixtape in ATL, my favorite place to record is Miami! I just love the humid weather; it does something for my whole vibe!

What type of vibe do you like or try to create while working in the studio?

I like it very chill not too much traffic in and out! I love scents so I always like to have a VERY potent candle! Lights go down and it’s on!

When do you prefer to have your recording sessions? Is the time of day relevant to your creativity?

I prefer later in the day/night! It really doesn’t matter though!
What are a few things that’s a must have at your sessions? 
Water, Tea, Honey, Candles, and a bottle of wine just in case ;) ….
How did you come up with the mixtape title?
I like to live my life in the NOW, so it’s just that simple with everything I want to experience at this point in my life…NOW or NEVER!

How do you know or determine that you have had a successful session?

I never wanna leave when I’m having a good/great session.

Who are some of the producers u worked with on the mixtape? 
I worked on this mixtape with my boy Hollywood Hotsauce! He is super dope! He was raised playing in church, so he brings a very soulful element to every track and I absolutely love it!
If there was one thing you wanted people to know about Teairra Mari what would that be?
That I’m from DETROIT! Hahahaha

What can we expect from Now or Never?

This mixtape is all original songs! On my earlier mixtapes I did a lot of cover songs. This one is bit more mellow R&B!

Let’s talk about your first single… 

It’s called “Make Love!” It’s a fun mid tempo song! “Baby all we do is, make love…”

No comments:

Post a Comment